THE IMPORTANCE OF POSITIVE ASSOCIATIONS IS TAKEN INTO ACCOUNT AT ALL TIMES!
From as early as possible puppies need to be making happy associations with everything in their environment. They need to learn to enjoy being handled to help make those inevitable vists to the vets and groomers a stress free occasion. Bite inhibition must be taught from an early age through your instructive play. Teaching puppies, from an early age, to come away from play, concentrate on you for a short while, then be allowed to continue instructive, managed playing as a reward, can build great foundations for an obedient adult dog. Puppies are not allowed to rough play but are taught how to behave and play nicely with other puppies. (Off lead socialisation is not always possible as it is dependent on puppies personalities and owners abilities to motivate their pups) The importance of positive association is always taken into account.
A kind and rewarding introduction to basic obedience as early as possible will start them on the road to being a happy and obedient family pet.
In our 'Puppy Socialisation Classes' we introduce and teach....
* Human Socialisation.
* Bite inhibition
* A positive introduction to novel environments.
* Basic obedience - Sit, Down, Stand, coming
when called, leave, off etc.
* Appropriate interraction with other dogs/puppies.
* Undesirable Jumping up, mouthing, the 'Witching
* Weekly Handouts for help with common puppy 'Problems'
* You are encouraged to bring along family and friends especially children so that the puppies get used to being introduced to as many people as possible. We also use a 'scary sounds' cd, playing quietly in the background to habituate the puppies to sounds they could become sensitive to as an adult.
Puppy Class is
for puppies of up to 20 weeks at start
In order to make the puppies socialisation a fun, positive learning experience, it is importaint to have puppies at similar stages of development.